Monday 28 April 2008

Bad Behaviour: Confessions!


This lecture focused on what the worst things we've ever done. We had to write down on a slip of paper and was later jumbled up and people read out the confessions the pulled out the box. Most people wrote typical things like 'I drank when I was underage' etc...However it was interesting to find that 2 confessions caused some controversy amongst the class. The first was someone (whom I know) said that the worst thing he'd ever done was when his blind mother fell over in a clothes shop and prior to this he was already embarrassed shopping with his mum when he saw some kids from his school. As he lifted his blind mum up of the floor he accused her of being embarrassing! The second was when some said they gave there dog class A drugs! There was much debate about which was the worst 'bad behaviour'. In terms if illegality the second was the worst but in terms of morals and respect the first one was the worst.

I think it quite difficult to make a decision as I am a vegetarian myself and don't like harm to animals but at the same time family especial disabled family fits in the same category in my eyes. Both situations were bad at face value. I do understand the situation with the mother. Sometimes parents can be embarrassing and just because she was blind does not make any difference. If it was a 'normal' parent the same might of happen so why the big issue? Was she being treated equally? Giving a dog class A drugs is bad full stop, I know some of my friends and fellow students found it quite amusing though!


No comments: